Sunday 22 July 2012

Steve Buscemi

My first morning in Boston (yesterday) hung over with jet lag I left my hotel to find a bagel and coffee, or, cawfeee. Some people visit a city and read every guide book, interview everyone they know who has been there, and Google the living daylights out of the town. I don't see anything wrong with this approach, in fact, I'd like to be the kind of person who performed these thorough searches (and not just when I'm going on holiday). My way is to literally follow my nose, I'll arrive at the hotel and ask for a map, search begins there. Then I'll head out paying careful attention to the road signs in case I can't find my way back, looking for a cafe that looks like it might make good coffee, in a good locale. And so I found myself on the edge of Boston Common ordering coffee and standing next to Steve Buscemi. A star! I was so overcome I couldn't remember what I wanted to order. This says something about search, chance and following your nose. The conference starts in earnest tomorrow with Richard Susskind as keynote speaker. Looking forward to it, and, another star.

1 comment:

  1. Well I'm guessing that's where the precious business card went! Happy networking, Amanda.

    ReplyDelete